Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Five tips on dealing with Loneliness

 Feeling lonely isn’t a great feeling, due to the pandemic people are keeping their social interactions to a bare minimum. It is normal to feel lonely every so often we are social creatures. I’ve made a list of five tips to help combat that feeling of loneliness.



  1.  Keep yourself busy.

 I’m guilty of feeling heavy emotions like loneliness.  and dwelling on them. Keeping yourself busy keeps your mind off of those heavy feelings. When I need to distract myself, I like to put on a movie or listen to a podcast. My favorite podcasts lately have been Sweet Boys  and Friemies

2.     Talk with a friend or family member on the phone.

I suggest calling them to feel more of a connection but if that isn’t your thing text messages or connecting on social media can also help. I try to connect with my best friend every day, this routine has increased the depth of our friendship and has built us both a strong support system.

3.      Join a club

Bradley offers a lot of clubs and activities that are meeting virtually. I was hesitant to join a club with my bust schedule but the new friends I’ve made along the way does help.

4.      Connect with others on social media

This is a good opportunity to connect with old friends and possibly make some new ones that have common interests with you. I joined an animal crossing group on facebook and I’ve made serval meaningful connections with strangers. Obviously be careful when talking to strangers online, use your best judgement and if things feel uncomfortable the block button is free!

5.       Realize that just because you are alone life can still be meaningful

There are many activities you can do by yourself! Just because you’re flying solo doesn’t mean that you have to stay in bed all day!

3 comments:

  1. I think that these are fantastic tips for helping to fend off and manage loneliness, however I would like to add that some other amazing options that I personally love are:
    - Using the Teleparty extension on Google Chrome to watch movies with your friends and have a videochat with them while you watch. It feels more personable than the chat feature because you can hear their comments and SEE their reactions to the movie!
    - If you have a videogame or even a project that doesn't require a lot of your concentration and maybe you like to talk to people while you work or about that particular game, find someone who might be willing to videochat or call you while you work and game. Personally I find that even just having someone present, even if it's virtual, can make it more fun.

    Great post and I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment published as unknown but it was by Libby Houdek! Whoops!

      Delete
  2. For this reason a lot of people now are seeing reputable alternative health care center for their health maintenance as it is more affordable compared to hospital expenses. diabetes arbys

    ReplyDelete

Dealing with grief- 10 personal tips that helped me during the grieving process

Grief is defined as “ deep sorrow, especially that caused by someone's death. ” If you or someone you know has dealt with grief you know...